Friday, March 6, 2015

A Full Day of a Variety of Venues

Often, when I am changed my clothes for the fourth time during the day, I think of a mom at William's elementary school. She once made a statement that whatever she put on in the morning was what she wore throughout the day. No changing for a nice dinner out. No gardening or walking clothing to be later changed. As a result of this philosophy, she often just wore jeans and a t-shirt.

As I try to figure out what I am going to wear today, it is going to have to fit a variety of venues. At 9AM, Michael and I are meeting with the head of the Patient Advisory Board of my university hospital for a chat on the Avenue over the pass. We missed the last meeting due to my illness but they still what our opinion. Michael can only stay an hour, I will stay a bit longer before meeting mom for lunch. Venue #2.

On the way home, I need to run a few errands before cooking dinner for British Don, his friend Ian and  Ian's wife. Venue #3. After the kitchen cleanup, we will pack and haul the dinner into the city. Venue #4.

Normal wear for that kind of day - in order: professional, casual, super casual, nice but not fancy. If I try to make it with one outfit for one day: nice but not fancy. Now I have to go in there and decide what to wear! Thinking a casual dress would cover all venues!

The rehab workout was a bit easier yesterday but I am still not up to my standard workout. It's the recumbent bike that is holding me back! It is going to take time to get back up to speed.

The gardens look fantastic after my work on Wednesday but the strip of earth in the very front needs weeding. That is the plan for Saturday morning. It may take a couple of hours but it will be done. We got a $200.00 water bill yesterday. We only water the gardens 10 minutes twice a week. It is barely enough to keep the plants alive. Plants that are expensive to replace. We had also changed our showers, dishwasher and laundry routines to help save water. It was the highest bill we have ever paid. The difference from last year? We have the sprinklers on more often since there has been so very little rain.

No comments: