Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Jarring Beginning to the Day

We awakened an hour and a half later than usual. Thank you, time change. Michael had thirty-minutes to dress, eat and hustle out the door into 1/4 mile visibility due to fog. Rough way to begin the day. The countdown to Anna and Doug's visit begins in earnest today. Two weeks away. Lots to clean, except it is just a bit too early to clean the oven or refrigerator. I want them spotless when they arrive!

I will be at the rehab class today without either of my rehab boys. Dick is still recovering from his UTI, which had traveled into his prostate. There will be some tests next week to see if his kidneys were also damaged. That is scary. Sherman has his quarterly union retiree luncheon, where he is always the oldest guy in the room. His eyes lit up when he mentioned that they were serving corned beef and cabbage...and cake. It is good for him to hang out with his buddies.

Michael laughed when I mentioned the maintenance that was going to be require before our company arrives. Personal maintenance: eyebrows waxed, face hair removed, toe nails cut and painted. My basket of makeup has grown larger the older I become. Day creams, night creams, eyebrow pencils..it is tough getting older! But, considering the other option, I'll take it!

Winnie phoned to thank me for the very late birthday gift certificate to the local independent book store. We chatted. She was hilarious. I mentioned that we MUST get together, as it has been far too long since I have seen her. Winnie: Mom, you need to schedule a day to see Lynn. Here is the phone.

This allowed Natalie and I to have a nice chat, we did arrange a play date for all of us and I so look forward to seeing her entire family. They will learn this week if their son Oliver will be joining Winnie at the private school where Natalie teaches. Both he and Winnie will be attending it for free, if he is accepted. Pretty sweet.

No comments: