Monday, March 2, 2015

It's the Girl Scout's Fault

She looked adorable in her uniform but, oh my. The doorbell rang on Saturday afternoon and there stood a girl scout from around the corner. Michael was thrilled! Cookies! Yippee! A few of her friends were helping her pull a wagon filled with a variety of cookies, but her dad was in charge of the money. Smart. We had not met them before and, after buying three boxes, we had a great conversation together. The new neighbor across the street also came over for a chat and two boxes.

Now there are cookies in the house. After dinner, we sampled each variety. Though I tried to avoid looking at the nutritional information, I knew it was not going to be good. Closing them, they are awaiting their departure from our home this morning. Michael is going to "share" them with the office. Good bye!

After eating the cookies, I am feeling fat! Weekends usually end with the feeling of fitness and strength and all my chores done and I am ready for the week! Not today. We stayed too late at British Don's on Friday night so Saturday, I was whipped. And it was too wet to work in the garden.

Gardening. It is the number one way I lost a lot of weight and how I stay loose. Different muscles are used than the ones I use in the gym. Four to five hours of raking, bending, lifting, up ladders, down ladders, stretching, weeding do magic to my body. Afterwards, I am always dirty and sweaty and tired but feeling so satisfied as I look out onto the manicured gardens.

Instead of yard work, I cleaned my closet, rearranged my clothing (by type and color), did a lot of laundry, ironed, balanced the checkbook, paid the bills and tried to take a nap. That was when the phone kept dinging. No nap. Then Michael arrived home. Forget a nap. By early evening, I was ready for bed.

Sunday, the yards were still too wet to do much but I planted seven azaleas in the front and sowed some wildflower and marigold seeds before a quick shower and we were out the door by 10:30. Michael needed to met with his auto glass guy over the pass. It was cool but beautiful, very little coastal traffic and it was nice to spend the day together.

But, I didn't have a good workout in the yards. I can really feel those girl scout cookies. Maybe what I am feeling the guilt of eating the girl scout cookies! Can I blame it on the girl scouts?

No comments: