Thursday, December 3, 2015

A Bit of Boredom, Please

I want to be bored. I want to have nothing to do, stare into space, take endless naps, watch horrible Christmas movies and complain that I am bored. This entire year has been on fast forward. There was never a dull moment. I look over to the newly retired Michael and ask when the lazy days of retirement begin? It has been a couple of months and we wonder how he ever fit working into our schedule!

And it is not slowing down.

We are gearing up for Christien's visit on Saturday through Monday. The housekeepers are due today around the same time as a storm. Forget about going over the pass for groceries as I am worried about getting back in time for a dentist appointment at 12:30. I cracked a crown. Merry Christmas to me! Thankfully, Cory was able to fit me in as I am not in horrible pain yet. So this morning, I need to be out of the house very early, waste some time in town then food shop at Safeway. There was a fun orchestra rehearsal last night, I woke up very early this morning so I am looking forward to a nap this afternoon. I hope. If nothing else happens.

And, we both need a shower but ours is out of commission. Michael replaced the caulking around the sinks, toilet and in the shower on Tuesday afternoon and it needs 72 hours to cure. We try not to stand too close to people now and our hair...well, it's not good! There is a negotiation going on whether or not we can shower Friday morning. For the sake of the general public, let's hope I win.

No comments: