Sunday, December 20, 2015

Downloading

I did very little yesterday. I did do a quick Safeway run before having my eyebrows waxed. Such a luxury. Many years after I got sick, Ron next door mentioned his teenage daughters were out having their eyebrows waxed. That gave me pause. I am an adult. I can do it, too. It hurt like heck the first time but now, I am prepared for it and it really is not bad.

The last of the Christmas presents arrived on our doorstep, it was wrapped along with the last of the gift cards and everything is ready to take to my sister's house. Lee phoned last night and she shared the food plans for our Lewis and Clark Christmas. It has been our tradition to present food from different countries at Christmas. Food the grandmas are cooking in their kitchens. This year, they chose food that Lewis and Clark would eat but food that would also be traditional to that era. Elk is being served for dinner and buffalo sliders are being served at lunch. We will all be learning about Lewis and Clark so it should be interesting and delicious!

Dinner last night was the biggest luxury! The high school basketball team's fundraiser featured three-half chickens for dinner, potato salad, green salad, garlic bread and cookies. It will more than feed us for two nights of dinners AND it was delivered to our door.

Today is a big day. British Don (a major hardware engineer) scored a huge bonus so he is buying a new computer. He knew that I was going to buy a new one next year as mine is so old the latest software can't be downloaded so he is GIVING me his old one. His very high level fancy old one. Better than I have ever owned. But wait, there's more! We are meeting him at noon for lunch before he loads the computer for me. That alone is a huge gift!

No comments: