Monday, January 23, 2017

Another Rescue

It has been raining since we got home. Lots of flooding. Lots of potholes. My screen saver is a photo of the blue sky and palm trees of Palm Springs. It helps but...it is pretty miserable outside.

Mom has an appointment with her hearing aid people at Costco this morning then we will get caught up. It has been over a week since we have seen each other and I have so much to show her, including my knee! It is better each day but I still need to be careful. I was sitting on the floor in the bedroom talking on the phone with Christien in North Carolina when I realized I couldn't get up. Really. That commercial kept screaming in my brain, "I've fallen and I can't get up!" followed by visions of more hunky firemen having to coming to my rescue. But, my own hunky guy grabbed me under my arms, lifted me up AND didn't hurt his back in the process! What a guy.

I am worried about not being able to workout for a few weeks and will probably still go to the rehab class to do whatever the RNs suggest. Treadmills are probably on hold for now.

We are both on the wagon, food-wise. The refrigerator is filled with our normal foods and the weekly menu is set. After I fell, I couldn't eat that day so that helped! I feel I need to lose just a couple pounds so I will be very careful this week so they melt away.

Hopefully, we will all have a good week ahead.

No comments: