Sunday, January 1, 2017

Jumping into the New Year

Happy New Year! 2016 flew by. Months ticked away so very quickly and suddenly, it was done. I vow to appreciate everyday this year, even it if begins to slip quickly through my fingers.

2017 should be an interesting year. I often wonder if next year at this time, will I have gone through a lung transplant? Probably not unless I get a bad bout of pneumonia that kicks me into the process.

For the first day of the new year, we will be returning Christmas to its boxes and into the attic. Checks for bills will be written and readied for the mail. Checkbook balanced. Life begins anew.

Last night, we walked across the cul-de-sac to Lisa and Mike's and enjoyed their company. There were three couples and it was amazing to learn that Lisa had maintained a friendship with each of the women since grade school or high school. Really nice people. We stayed only for a couple of hours before they served a fantastic smelling dinner. We wanted to be home. I stumbled into bed around 10PM and Michael followed around 11PM. In the middle of the night, we both woke up, kissed each other for the new year and fell back to sleep!

I so hope your New Year began well and will end well. We will get through another year together. We will learn a lot about our illness and ourselves. We will eat well and exercise.

Here we go.

No comments: