Thursday, February 16, 2017

Dim Sum with a Little Mozart

We played hooky yesterday. British Don took us to a fantastic Dim Sum place deep in the financial district in the city. (On the way back to his place, we pass the office building in the news with the 2000 pounds of hanging concrete about an hour before the entire area was shut down.) It was not a normal Chinese restaurant one would find in Chinatown. It was modern and elegant and excellent. Peking Duck! Crab rolls! Don kept ordering. I was full and could eat no more.

There was no dinner for me last night. I went to the orchestra rehearsal and got a huge wake-up call. Mozart. I had forgotten how difficult yet how wonderful it was to play his music. It was stunningly difficult and is going to take some work to get it under my hand. Here is the all Mozart program in February concert:
Impressario Overture
Concerto for Flute and Harp
The Marriage of Figaro Overture
Symphony #35 "Haffner"

The rains returned with a fury last night. It woke us up around 2AM. The major storm has blown through but bits of rains will be around all day. I am still very worried about the pass and the incoming rains for a week. Trees are going to fall and I so hope no one is hurt!

After rehab class today, there is an Irish Fiddling rehearsal. It should be fun and so much easier than my friend Mozart!

No comments: