Sunday, February 5, 2017

Tom

Last night's orchestra concert was so much better than I had anticipated. I guess there is nothing like a live audience to get all the musicians focused and playing together. Gerry and I both agreed that the entire program was the best the orchestra had ever played and the two of us bass players really nailed it. Such a sense of accomplishment.

We were able to sleep in a bit, I will be taking it easy this morning then we are going to Jim and Kathy's to watch the Super Bowl. Jim is a major foodie but watching his intake. I can't wait to see what he is cooking!

I do have to say that we have been watching Tom Brady ever since he became a pro. When William was a freshman in high school, everyone was still taking about their amazing football quarterback who had just graduated. Yup. Tom Brady. So, it is the Patriots for us today. I know, Atlanta will probably win but I am still pulling for old Tom.

But this Sunday morning, I am going to rest as much as possible. If we were home for the Super Bowl, I suspect that I would sleep though most of it. Having to be awake and engaged with people this afternoon is going to take energy. Early to bed for me tonight!

Enjoy the game.

No comments: