Sunday, February 26, 2017

Finally Walking the Coast

I did it! I filled the oxygen backpack, threw on my best running shoes and took off for my first walk along the cliffs in a long time. Me. Alone. The storms had done a lot of damage to the small road right along the ocean and the tide was in. As I walked, I had to dodge the waves crashing onto the road. Fun. I finally got on my most favorite part of the trail, the one through the flat open space with amazing views of the harbor and sea. I was alone. The sun was shining. It was glorious.

There was a goal set and I hit the goal. It was not easy but I did it. Next walk, I will push a bit further. When I got home, I fell onto the couch for a quick nap. The rest of the day, my energy was up and my breathing was excellent. Should I mention that I slept over 10 hours last night?

Exercise. Amazing.

We have a wild week ahead so today, we will be together for a quiet day. I think we may try another walk and maybe split a lunch at the little shack minutes away. The sun's out right now but rain is expected any moment.

Things bothering me: The dermatologist told me to keep an eye on two spots she burned last November and one of those spots has not healed. I will swing by her office to make an appointment when I am in the building on Thursday. Taxes. I now have all the information, I just need to fill in all the numbers onto their documents. Nagging at me.

No comments: