Friday, March 27, 2015

Looking Forward to the Day Off

I just woke up two hours later than usual. Guess I needed that and this great day off. Michael is moving a car over the pass this morning so I will follow him and we will take off from there. Where? Not decided yet. He gets to choose where we go today. 

Mom and I spent a few hours together yesterday as we usually see each other on Fridays and I have other plans. We hit the Dollar Tree then went to the Avenue for a fantastic lunch at the Dutch Bakery/Cafe. Afterwards, we drove through the beautiful area where I grew up, saw our old house and drove back to mom's the long way. It was nice. We talked non-stop.

Michael and I sat in the garden after dinner last night and talked about our speaking during Grand Rounds on May 28th. I have my speech written and ready to be reviewed but I realized pretty quickly that Michael is not going to be able to read a speech. He has never spoken in front of a large group of people. He has never given a formal speech. After asking the doctors on the patient advisory board about the specifics of what they want him to address, we will list the topics and talking points. He thinks that will work for him after lots of practice. I will probably mess up and he will nail it!

My cough has lessened. The increase of .5 mgs prednisone is working. I will continue on it for a week then reduce it back to 12.5 mgs to see if the cough returns. Sadly, it may become my new normal.

No comments: