Wednesday, April 15, 2015

A Simple Day

Michael is on a diet, I am nervous. This is how he messed up his blood sugar last November and ended up in a convulsions on our driveway. After lectures about how many calories he needs to eat and that he still needs to eat snacks, I think he is getting that he cannot just stop eating. Men.

I was at his work yesterday to nab him for our evening out with British Don in the city. He left me alone a few minutes with his co-workers and we talked diets. Sonia will keep an eye on him and nag him to eat, as she does notice when his blood sugar is low. Thank you, Sonia. Mark will keep an eye on his calories to make sure he eats enough. Thank you, Mark.

We had a blast last night, enjoyed a hamburger - no bun for me - and a fun evening seeing old friends who own the restaurant. Afterwards, we went to a place in the financial district Michael saw on Esquire TV's "Best Bars." And it was. He and Don had cocktails as I watched the parade of characters pass by the window. It was entertaining! We got home around 10:30 and felt very young and hip being out on a Tuesday night!

Michael and I have been confirmed to sit on the panel for Grand Rounds at my university hospital on May 28th. We are meeting with the doctors in two weeks to tighten up what they want us to address. I am excited about it all. Michael is a bit overwhelmed.

Today: a nice walk along the ocean before a nap before orchestra rehearsal. A nice, simple day. I am so grateful that I am feeling better, breathing better and alive. Each day is a gift and I want to appreciate every moment.

No comments: