Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Recipes for the Week

Into the city I go! The weight management doctor is meeting with me early this afternoon for the first of four annual meetings. I am not feeling positive about it as we had a really nice weekend. I did the weekly shopping after the rehab class yesterday, cooked the afternoon away so I am set up for the week ahead. Recipes below.

There is a strings only orchestra rehearsal tonight. The focus is on the harder passages and we can hear each other easier without the brass and woodwinds present. It is a lot of work but the music, at least for the string basses, is not too difficult.

Here are the recipes for my food for the week. These recipes are low in carbs and high in protein as those of us on prednisone therapy do not process food properly. That is why we gain weight if we eat fruit or sugar or carbs, which processes into sugar. I eat 1,200 calories to lose weight and 1,400 to maintain weight.

Breakfast/Lunch:
Shrimp Stuffed Eggs - HERE
Cheesy Chicken and Spinach Casserole - HERE
Tuna Melt (photo above)- HERE and HERE
Chicken Chile Verde Pizza - HERE

Dinner:
Seared Scallops with Pancetta with Brussel Sprouts - HERE
Chinese 5-Spice Powder Pork with Asian Slaw - HERE
Bacon Beef Roll - HERE
Braised Balsamic Chicken with Fried Cabbage and Onions - HERE and HERE

No comments: