Friday, April 3, 2015

Diet Plan Going Well

Day one of the goal of getting off a couple of pounds went perfectly! Water? Tons. Exercise? Sweated. Food? Three meals for a total of just over 1,000 calories. I was never hungry, so that was good. There was even a decaf Nespresso after rehab. If I can be so very careful with every mouthful, I can lose this in a week or even less. A report is going into Dr. K. from pulmonary rehab on Tuesday, after I am weighed. That is my goal: to be two pounds lighter by Tuesday.

Before meeting mom this morning, I am going to workout at the other rehab to insure sweating today. Water will be packed in the car and lunch will be small. Hopefully, day two will be as light.

The sad news around here is that we have decided to let the front yard die. We have to cut our water usage by 25% and we can't meet that goal without some major pain. The plants in the side and back yards are more expensive to replace and also are older. It would take a lot of years and money to replace them. We were going to replace a lot of the front yard after the drought so, it is just sooner than we had planned. So sad. I feel like I am killing my best friends.

WOW! The fire at the GE Appliance factory in Louisville, KY this morning is huge and so sad. We drove right by that plant almost every day when we were there last May. Thankfully, there appears to be no injuries.

We will be celebrating Easter with mom. She has invited us to a brunch in Palo Alto and as a special gift of the day, it is supposed to rain. Wouldn't that be a marvelous welcome to Spring?

No comments: