Saturday, April 25, 2015

Grand Rounds Prep

I have a lot to think about. As speakers for the Grand Rounds event at my university hospital, we are being asked to address some specific topics. So much has happened over the past 10 years that it is hard for me to bring it all down to simple statements but, due to time limitations, I must.

Michael and I are meeting with the head of the event late Monday to talk out what we will be addressing during the May 28 event. What statements will make the biggest impact to the doctors? What do I want them to take away from my experiences? I hope I get some guidance during our meeting and will feel more confident going forward.

In the meantime, I am doing the laundry, making the menu and grocery list for the week and generally preparing for Lee and Jeff's visit next Saturday. I also want to get caught up on my files and paperwork today since the weather is still a bit wet outside. No yard work today!

I am tired and it is going to be a social evening. We have been invited as guests to the local Portuguese community's Fish Fry. Yes, fried fish. Just when I am losing weight, fried fish. Oh, and it is all you can eat! I am hoping vegetables of some sort are also being served. We are the guests of lovely people so it will be a very fun evening. Hopefully, DirectV will show up Sunday morning.

No comments: