Thursday, April 30, 2015

Never a Pause

It was a non-stop day. I never was able to pause to take a breath!

Nutritionist: After eating at the Fish Fry last Saturday night and dinner out with British Don last Monday evening, I lost weight! I now have lost 5 pounds. Mr. B. and I had a conversation about how low I can go without making Dr. K. nervous. She needs me to stay between 25-30 BMI to always be ready for lung transplants, if a crash occurs. We did the math together and he thinks I can lose another five pounds, which would still leave eight pounds of cushion to stay above that minimum of 25 BMI. I would have a BMI of 26.2. I am in such a groove that I am going for it.

Company: From the city, I visited the butcher and Trader Joe's to prepare for the week ahead as well as Lee and Jeff's visit on Saturday. The refrig is stuffed.

Mom: She needed some milk so I was able to see her while dropping it off. She had a full black eye but it was not swollen and looked fantastic. She was very happy. She also needed me to run to the pharmacy to see if another drug was available. As I had frozen food in the trunk, it was a quick visit.

Screaming home, I unpacked, ate a quick and very light lunch and within 15 minutes, I was back at the local grocery store. After unpacking those groceries, I began to cook.

Food: I marinated some beef kabobs for our dinner, spiced then cooked some chicken fingers for my lunches for a few days then made some stuffed hard-boiled eggs wrapped in bacon and baked for Michael's breakfasts. But wait! There's more! I then cooked the kabobs with green peppers, red onion wedges and mushrooms along with a fresh artichoke on the side then plated everything.

Orchestra: Last night was the final regular rehearsal before the dress rehearsal and concert next week. It was rough and there were problems in places that were never problems! Gerry and I did great and laughed that the bass section was going to have to hold up the entire orchestra! Usually, Michael is home to help put the string bass in the little car but he was with our friend Jim. He was invited to join a very interesting roomful of people all connected to a major job of a very famous person and I can't tell you more. Michael said it was fascinating. But, we missed seeing each other before the rehearsal.

10PM: I arrived home exhausted. Overly tired. It took a bit to settle in but I slept through the night.

Today:  The long awaited appointment to investigate my hip pain is this morning. I am going early to walk around the parking lot to make sure the pain kicks in beforehand. It is important to show them exactly where it is. Afterwards, I am coming back home and will begin the preparations for Lee and Jeff's visit by washing the windows, doing the laundry and maybe doing the house. Another long day. Another non-stop day.

No comments: