Thursday, July 12, 2018

Messages from Abroad

We just heard from British Don, who had been in Istanbul for several days. The overwhelming heat was having a negative affect on his breathing but the city itself was fascinating for this history buff. As a foodie, he said it was good, simple foods then sent this photo of a small (!) piece of baklava with a remark that mine was better! The good news was that he just arrived in Milan, Italy near a lake with cooler temptations and better humidity levels. Just two more days before he heads back home.

William's tour was going through OKC and they had planned to meet but this trip came up and Don decided to travel instead. We are looking forward to spending some time with our son on the 21st as he comes through town.

Michael's mom, Mary was delighted with her package of my homemade baklava, which she requested when we were visiting in May. Her birthday is on the 19th so we sent a gift card and a sweet card. She will like both!

I am definitely feeling better and plan to do some physical work this weekend. It will feel odd to drive to rehab class today without Jeannie, who I will phone later this morning. Before class, I need to do a Safeway and bank run then head to Costco to pick up my contact lenses.

Mom's 90th birthday plans are still moving forward as I need to find some invitations today, make two flyers to be posted for her party at her complex, call the coordinator to change the color of the table cloths and to make the two boards of photos to be displayed. I want everything done way ahead of time as I just don't want to feel stressed out going into her special two days of parties. Her heart doctor was very pleased with her yesterday, all looked good and he won't need to see her again for a year.

I am hoping for the same positive report from my endocrinologist tomorrow! We will see.

No comments: