Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Need Adjustment

Mom was in heaven yesterday and only lost a small bit of money as we gambled from 9-2. It was a long drive home and we both slept well last night. Back to life. Today, bills to be paid, checkbook needs to be balanced and I'll drive to rehab class alone. I didn't go last Thursday due to the funeral so I expect to have to work extra hard today.

It is so foggy and cool here but it is marvelous for my breathing. I really feel for those with an ILD who are dealing with the extremely hot weather right now. It makes it so difficult to do anything. Add a dose of our out-of-control fires and it can be downright dangerous. Take care, everyone.

My health has deteriorated so much in the last few months that it is now a challenge to food shop alone. I will take it on again tomorrow with stops at the butcher, Trader Joe's and Safeway. It is the hauling to the car then into the house that is the most taxing. With the frozen foods surviving the drive home from over the pass, I want to unpack and get everything into the freezer ASAP. With that comes the feeling that I need to move quickly, which makes me so short of breath. Even with oxygen. The bags are heavy, I get in a hurry and BOOM, I need to sit to get my breath back. I must remind myself not to be in such a hurry. Take it slowly. Breathe.

Adjust for the disease and continue to move forward.

No comments: