Friday, July 6, 2018

Smiles

Rehab class yesterday was the roughest I have experienced in a long time. Worrisome. I barely made it through my routine and the bike almost sent me over the edge. I was soaked with perspiration. Since Jeannie was not with me, I was able to leave earlier than usual as I wait for her to complete her routine.

I also took advantage of no carpooling to drive over the pass before the class. Contact lenses were ordered at Costco and I made an appointment for my mammogram. Baklava. Michael came home with stories of delivering the baklava to three groups of people and that they were blown away by it as it was not the too sweet traditional baklava. Mary's was sent off to Knoxville and should arrive on Monday. I texted her to be on the look out for a UPS package. She was excited and it gave her something to look forward to.

Five years ago, Michael youngest brother died. It has been an especially difficult anniversary for his mother and sisters. A milestone, of sorts. Just last week, Uncle Elwin died at 98-years old. He was married to Mary's sister, Jeannette. Mary was feeling this loss then the news got worse. Yesterday, Debbie (Michael's sister who Mary lives with) loved and deeply respected her boss and they learned that he had passed away unexpectedly on the 4th of July. She was stunned. They sent the entire staff home for the day.

Notice of a little something to arrive on Monday was welcome news and could not have come at a better time. I hope it brings some smiles all around.

No comments: