Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Snip

Hailey made it through the laser "snipping" of the connector of her tongue and lip with no problem. Her mother? Not so much. Shelley said she cried the entire time! Now comes the hard part, which is manipulating the tongue and lip to insure it heals instead of growing back. Shelley and Russ have a Starbucks literally three minutes from their house and have needed it a lot this past four weeks. So, I am sending a nice gift card to help get them through the next month. Shelley can only have decaf but it will still taste good! A treat!

I had the pre-colonoscpy appointment yesterday, mom waited in the waiting room then the plan was that were would go to lunch. Oops. There was a problem. There I was, just wearing a paper gown, opened in the front, waiting for the doctor. And waiting. Finally, she arrived and said, "You are a little early." She meant by a few years!!! Apparently, someone sent a postcard with the announcement that it was time for my colonoscopy in error by three years! She apologized. She then talked to the staff. I was rather relieved.

Mom and I celebrated over a small lunch.

Rehearsal tonight with the Irish Fiddling group then two eye doctor appointments later in the week. I will be phoning Jeannie today. It feels so odd to drive over the pass alone to rehab class and I deeply miss her.

No comments: