Monday, July 23, 2018

Crazy Week Ahead

Fasten your seat belt, it's going to be one heck of a week. Mantra: one day at a time. Keep repeating.

Today, mom has a sonogram appointment on her neck because of the two dots of perceived cholesterol in her eye. The doctors just wants to make sure nothing is blocked and there is no looming stroke.

It will be a nice, rather quiet day. I do plan to phone Jeannie when I get home this afternoon. She has been resistant to both Janet and me when we phone. I remember Sherman being the same way. I will just say to her that we miss her and totally support any of her decisions. Maybe that will open a conversation.

Rick, Natalie and Melanie went to the concert where William was working on Saturday night. They said it was really good but I loved that they connected with him. They took the photo and if you look at the white t-shirt back almost in the middle, that is Melanie talking with William! I am sure he was surprised how old she was since he had seen her last. Our former neighbor, Nancy's grandson was going to the concert, too. He was also a recent graduate from college.

Michael and I met with the cupcake lady yesterday and ordered six dozen for mom's 90th birthday celebration at the place she lives. We ordered three different flavors: Triple Chocolate, Sour Cream with Raspberry Frosting and Vanilla Cake with Lemon Curd. She is going to lend us pretty party cupcake tiered platters. I also prepared one invitation to her birthday luncheon for her approval today. It will be sent to her girlfriend and her husband, whom I have never met. They met while volunteering at the Main Branch of the library.

No comments: