Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Two More Weeks

My primary doctor had pneumonia and totally got where I am in the process. Coffee? Told me it would take about 6 weeks before I would feel like drinking it again. Sleeping? Get as much as possible. She slept as much as I am now sleeping each day. Not being able to eat? Eat what you can, add protein and know that it will change soon. Back to rehab? Ah, no.

She told me that I have another two weeks of recovery ahead of me. She reminded me that I had pneumonia on top of an advanced lung disease and the flu. It is time to allow my body to heal properly. Two more weeks.

I was getting itchy yesterday afternoon, clearly recovering. I had a bit of energy and didn't take a nap at all! So, the drawers inside my closet have been driving me crazy. I scooped out the sock drawer and threw them all in the washing machine. After tossing a lot of old stuff, it was all reorganized and looking so clean so I could show off to Michael when he got home.

For the first time in weeks, I made a real dinner of roasted chicken, a tossed salad from Trader Joe's for Michael and some corn on the cob for me. It was so good and it went down just fine.

More was done yesterday than I have done in weeks. I must be improving!

Now what is bothering me is the stack of papers needing sorting, papers to gather for tax prep and new files set up for 2018. Maybe today.

No comments: