Sunday, January 14, 2018

Recovering

To wrap it up in one word: exhausted. The gig Friday night was fantastic and we played so much better than any of us expected as it had been almost a month of not playing together. Rusty, or so we thought. Maybe it was fear of facing a live audience that makes good musicians focus and play better. The swanky place was packed with our fans, both new and old. They were an attentive audience, dancing and clapping along to the music and all of them stayed the entire two hours!

Michael and I fell into bed around 10PM, so much later than my regular bedtime but we had to be up and dressed by 8AM. The alarm company was coming to install an updated system to our home. The technician arrived right on time and stayed for almost three hours. It was a long morning with a lot for me to learn. My brain hurt. I was tired from the gig but working with him pushed me over the edge. After he left, I was heading for the couch when the phone rang. Michael's mom was calling with some good family gossip and we chatted for another hour. I remember falling onto the couch as I hung up the phone but that is all I remember for a few hours.

Done. I was done.

Almost two hours later, Michael woke me with a phone call, I stumbled awake but never really woke up the entire day. After dinner, I fell asleep on the couch, he woke me up around 6:30 and put me to bed. I never moved until 4:30 this morning. I feel good but I think I will still need time to recover some more today.

He is going to shoot a fender for a friend this morning so I am going with him. While he is painting, I am going to workout at the other rehab. Treadmill. Bike. Arm bike. It will feel good. We will meet up for lunch then a few moments to return the shoes I bought Friday. He says they are the wrong color to go with the new outfit from mom at Christmas.

Next week, the Irish Fiddling group has a rehearsal one night and another gig on Thursday evening. I worry that Friday's gig went so well that we might walk into it too relaxed with too much confidence. We must remember to focus and to play/breathe together. Sounds easy but...

No comments: