Monday, January 15, 2018

Rain Holiday Evening

Monday! A new week and a holiday! Happy MLK Day!

Rain is expected later this early evening and I am so excited that a tree, that is far too big for the stone container in which was planted back in 1997, is coming out today! Several of the neighbors will be involved. Ron, next door, has been asking for it to be taken out for a while since it is messy and interferes with the sun on his vegetable garden. Rick, of Rick and Natalie, is bringing down his chain saw and will do most of the work. Michael and Ron will be the pick up and place into the recycle garden containers crew. I will be over the pass with mom and Michael is so relieved not to have me standing, watching and worrying! What will be planted in the huge container long the side of the garage? Ron is excited to build a small greenhouse, of sorts, for vegetables. We will share them!

Yesterday, I had a house key made for Michael and finished reading a book while he was painting a piece of friend's car. We then returned the shoes I bought on Friday. It was a typical shopping excursion with Michael: We walked in, he picked out one pair, it was good but hurt my bunion, he walked away, I looked up, he motioned me to the back of the store, he pointed, I gasped, I tried on, I jumped up and down. Took under five minutes. He found the perfect shoes to complete the outfit put together with mom's Christmas money. In fact, I bought the shoes with mom's birthday money! The outfit is a brown pencil skirt, goldenrod lightweight top and a two-button jacket primarily eggplant plaid with bits of goldenrod, white and light navy blue. The shoes? Eggplant. PERFECT!

He walks in. He spots it. It is a style that I would never have picked out. I buy it.

We drove the long way home, up the mountain through the huge redwood trees, back down the back side of the mountain to the rolling hills, to the ocean. It was beautiful and typical of this time of year is that it was overcast and cool on the other side yet warm and a bit of sun here on the coast.

After we got home, I put the new alarm app on Michael's iPhone, had some issues, got them straightened out and now he is able to set and disarm the alarm via his phone. Once again, I fell asleep on the couch and stumbled into bed.

No comments: