Monday, January 8, 2018

Rainy

We ran non-stop yesterday. We needed groceries plus a few errands including a quick visit with mom. Michael had to pick up her box of Christmas decorations to store in our garage until next Christmas. After we got home, I began to cook. First up, Crustless Quiche for breakfasts then I made two recipes of Baklava before roasting a turkey breast for dinner. My brother loves my Baklava so I made a full pan to get into the mail today in time to arrive for his birthday on Friday. He will be surprised. The other pan will go to my mom, the workers at the UPS Store and the mechanics who work on our cars. Michael is going to surprise them with it this morning. They are my biggest fans! They really love my less sticky-sweet baklava.

A huge storm is here today and tomorrow. Love to hear the sound on the roof. Mom and I are going to run a couple of errands very close to her home then I will get back over the pass before a big wave of storms are due around 4PM. Batten down the hatches!

I ran an experiment last night. I have not been sleeping well since returning fro Palm Springs. As we missed the filling of my liquid oxygen tank, I am using an older accessory tank. Michael had not set it right on the number of liters and I woke up a couple of nights getting way too much oxygen.  Last night, I set up my portable oxygen system - Eclipse - and slept almost eight hours straight. My other tank will be filled on Thursday but until then, I think I will be using my POS.

Today is going to be busy and wet. After a quick shower, I am going to be at the UPS store when they open at 8AM then, I will head to mom's for a few hours. We need this rain so I am not complaining. My garden will be very happy.

No comments: