Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Stormy

We were stunned watching the Southern California mudslides on the news last night. La Tuna Canyon! We were right there! Highway 101! Driven on that stretch of highway dozens of times. We decided to drive home from Palm Springs on Highway 5 instead of 101 through Santa Barbara and all the areas now flooded with rivers of mud but, we had driven those road many, many times. Those poor people!

The storm yesterday was very light as Jeannie and I made our way to and from the rehab class. One of our classmates has returned to class after being out for awhile. In October, her husband fell, hurting himself but not badly. Through November and December, he slowly showed signs of trouble like not being able stay in a lane on the highway to where he became unable to walk and talk. Finally, she drove him to the ER. He had hit his head in the fall months earlier and had a hematoma on his brain. A blood clot. A few blood clots. After brain surgery, he was home and stable, which allowed her to come back to the rehab class. She was happy to be back but still so worried about him.

Rain is back today. I am staying in all day, except a quick run out to the UPS store to send William a birthday card with an Amazon gift card inside. He will be on a plane flying home from Great Britain on his birthday. What a way to celebrate. He told us that he will be home the entire month of March so, we are planning a trip up to Seattle for a visit.

Driving home from rehab, I began to sneeze. OH NO! My nose itched and I began to feel something in my throat. The moment I got home, I began ColdCalm and made a pot of soup. Last night I took a pill to dry everything up and slept like a baby though the night. This morning, I felt something in my sinuses but only when I woke up. Feeling nothing at the moment but I will be on ColdCalm all day. It really does seem to work for me.

No comments: