Friday, January 26, 2018

Surprise for Mary

I am sure you are sick of hearing about being sick! I am sooo sick of being sick! Sadly, I am having more problems with my stomach. I wonder if I did damage to the Nissen site while vomiting. This will also be discussed with my primary doctor when I see her on Monday.

Dinner went down well last night. I made freshly ground beef chuck patties, roasted red potatoes and Michael had an artichoke picked from the fields earlier in the day. Today, I am going to add other protein and try to cut the dreaded carbs from my diet.

You may remember that Michael's mom has an aneurysm in her aorta, which is inoperable due to her age. We have been sending snacks and goodies each month. Gorgeous dried fruit. Harry and David baskets. Special things we know she can't afford. We have been trying to find lox, bagels and cream cheese to send to her. She LOVES lox but it is clearly not in her budget. The perfect gift. Nothing online would work to insure it would arrive fresh. Michael got an idea to phone a local bagel place in her town. Online, we found that their catering service offered a 13-bagel package, which included a pound of lox, two smears of cream cheese, capers and red onion. So, I phoned and spoke with Bonnie, the catering head, yesterday afternoon. She is actually going to deliver it all to Mary at 1:30 her time today. Michael phoned his mom and told her to expect a delivery. She is going to go crazy. This is a real treat.

No comments: