Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Hanging with Mom

It poured. Mom and I danced between the raindrops while running errands for her. She also bought a new pair of sunglasses and distance glasses each with the same adorable frame from Costco. We had a Nordstrom lunch, were greeted by all the staff and had a good time together. I was able to drive home before the worst of the storm, which happened right at rush hour. The pass was already beginning to flood so it must have been a mess during the downpour.

My brother's baklava was shipped off yesterday and should arrive to his house in New Mexico on Thursday, a day before his birthday. I hope.

Jeannie and I will be going over the pass later this morning for the rehab class. We will see if there is any damage and I will worry about any large trees falling on us!

I noticed that the heaviness of the storm really affected my breathing. I was wheezing and coughing and feeling like I needed some oxygen, which I did not bring with me. Mom was so much better and recovered from the flu.

Gathering all my energy for Friday night's Irish Fiddling gig. I also am planning a recovery day on Saturday. Lots of naps!

No comments: