Thursday, January 18, 2018

FLU and Pneumonia

I guess you may be wondering where I have been? SICK! Tuesday around 10PM, the diarrhea began and continued every ten minutes then it was followed by vomiting. Together! What fun! When I checked my temperature and it was 101, I told Michael that I should go to my university hospital. He drove quickly, we got there in record time and they set me away from all the people waiting. I was a special case. I am immunosuppressed, which is not good in a room filled with sick people. They zoomed me to the top of the list and we were in a room with it own bathroom within minutes.

Then, the testing began. I was so dehydrated, I needed two IV bags of saline. The fever rose to 102. After a chest X-ray, it was discovered that I had pneumonia. But, also the flu. A double hit!

They were thinking of keeping me for a day or so but I think it is safer and I will get more rest at home. Michael is taking care of me and looking very concerned at all times.

No comments: