Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Tsunami

I seemed to be stalled. Not better but not worse. All the goals were hit yesterday: made deviled eggs for Michael's breakfasts and took a shower. I did sleep for a couple of hours in the morning before I had enough energy to do the chores. During all of this illness, I have been able to make the bed (except the first day), keep the sink empty of dishes and generally picked up the house every day. Sometimes a girl needs to fluff a sofa pillow or two!

A stack of filing is calling to me. I need to close out last year, do some paperwork for the taxes and set up the files for 2018. My brain is still a bit fuzzy so that might have to still wait a day or so.

Michael was sneezing last night and this morning and also last night, he had a headache. All not good signs. I started him on Coldcalm this morning, just in case it is a cold coming on. Fingers crossed that it is nothing...

And, I awoke this morning to a notice that there was a huge earthquake in Alaska and there was a tsunami watch in effect. Great, I thought, let's quickly toss everything important in the cars and head over the pass! The thought of it almost sent me into a panic. I physically could not do it! While struggling with horrible thoughts of a huge wave moving our home off of its foundation, the local news announced that the tsunami had been cancelled for the entire West coast.

Thank you.

No comments: