Sunday, March 25, 2018

A Day of Sewing and an Update on Aerobika Device

Sunday morning. It rained then the sun peeked through for a pretty sunrise. The first Formula 1 race of the season, from Australia, is on. New network. New announcers. I am having a hard time with the changes!

Update on the Aerobika device: I find that I am using it in the mornings and often when I get home later in the day. I breath in and out of it properly until it makes me cough then, I give it a good cough and clear mucus comes up. I never have had mucus with my disease so I am assuming this is part of the gunk that I have not been able to clear from the lowest portions of my lungs. I find that I am not coughing as much throughout the day and at night. Often, when I would wake up to use the bathroom, I would cough before my lungs would settle back in again. Now, I don't cough at all. So, I am experiencing immediate improvement and can't wait to see if it continues to reduce my coughing. Rather remarkable.

Yesterday, it took over an hour to find the perfect fabric for Shelley's baby quilt, which will be given to her at the baby shower a couple of days after we get home from the road trip. I remembered that she said the nursery walls will be painted liked the rest of the house, a dove gray, and it would be decorated with "forest creatures." Okay. Find fabric with those perimeters! I will take a photo when it is finished but I really nailed the fabric. The three stripes of each square will feature a dark gray one with leaves and flowers in a lighter gray, a cute pattern of adorable forest creatures in colors of light and dark gray, tan, green, yellow and orange and the final stripe uses all those colors in a geometric pattern. The backing will be a light gray flannel with the word lightly imprinted among flowers and leaves: You are loved. I pre-shrunk all the fabrics and ironed them yesterday so I am ready to begin the work today.

I am a bit worried about mom. She told me she was not feeling well, was tired and sleeping a lot. She also told me that she rammed the long plastic spear of her hair comb through her index finger earlier in the week. Last night, I began to worry about as I hadn't looked at it on Friday. She sometimes lets things like that go and I worry that it may have become infected. So, this morning, I am phoning to find out how it is doing then will suggest we go to Immediate Care tomorrow morning if it appears even a bit red or infected. I want to look at it in either case.

My world today will be cutting, sewing then ironing seams. Fun.

No comments: