Sunday, March 11, 2018

Coffee Chat

It was a day of memories and helping a dear friend all over a really good cup of coffee. Natalie and I met at 10:30 at a very cool "pour-over" coffee shop with comfortable seats for us to settle into. That we did for three hours!

Natalie and I met through my middle school music teacher who had accepted a position at a high school. They both completed their Masters degree at the Conservatory of Music. She had never formally taught before. I hired her because the children were drawn to her and that she was one smart cookie. She changed my life. After I got sick, we continued our friendship. She had Winnie, she and her husband bought a house in our little town and then they had Oliver. Apparently, both kids were very unhappy that they were not seeing me with their mom yesterday. My fan club! I did make up little bags of good Easter candies just so they would know I was thinking of them.

She needed my advice. We talked business: creating, producing, dealing with administrations, teaching and hiring in a music program. I think I helped. After that was settled, then we just talked. She looked marvelous, Weight Watchers was working for her, and she seems to have figured out a lot of life's issues. I am very proud of her.

At home, I was able to complete a lot of my to-do list for the day and fell into bed feeling like it was an interesting, successful day. Today, we are off to Costco to pick up our glasses then we will buy groceries for the week. Not as much fun as yesterday.

No comments: