Friday, March 16, 2018

Rest Between Two Gigs

Gig #1 went really well last night. There was a sweet audience who paid attention to us and participated. It was just the five of us performing instead of seven and it will be the same grouping tonight due to the contract. Tonight. Gig #2. Three hours of Irish Fiddling, lots of singing and hopefully, some members of the audience will feel like dancing! We will be at a brewery for the first time ever.

I feel okay but I think a morning nap is going to happen and I want to take myself out to lunch as dinner will be very tiny this evening. Nap, shower, lunch, CVS. Mom and I are usually together on Fridays but I knew that these gigs would wear me down. It was best to stay home to prepare for tonight.

What I am grateful for is that I decided not to play gig #3 on Saturday night. Smart move because I think it would have totally exhausted me and left me open for another illness.

Rehab class felt fantastic. I felt great afterwards and it geared me up for the gig last night. It turned out that the woman who runs the educational/workout part of the rehab program was a respiratory therapist! We connected and agreed to meet before my class next Tuesday so she could set my new device and show me how to use it. The Aerobika.

My goal is a quiet weekend. I think I may look for fabric to make a little quilt for my niece's baby due early this summer. I've got to get going on that.

No comments: