Monday, March 5, 2018

Energy to Burn

The energy continues to flow. I ran errands over the pass with Michael before we fought the weekend Costco crowd to order our new glasses and my contact lenses. After a great lunch, we arrived home ready to work on the May road trip. Michael headed to the side yard where he was working to remove the stump, which is remains after the large tree was removed, while I began the chore of making hotel reservations.

I was nervous. I was nervous about making the reservations for the correct dates. I was rather surprised to discover that prices have gone up again. Back in 2000, the average Hampton Inn hotel room was around $69-79/night. We have noticed an increase with each every other year trip and now, 18-years later, the average price is $150/night but some as high as $180.

While making the reservations, I made the packets for each day, including maps. It took about three hours to complete just over half of the reservations. I am planning to attack more this afternoon. The problem was that I was so focused that I could not calm down and relax so I didn't sleep well last night. I kept trying to remember to add something to the to-do list or to check something.

On my mind is trying to get the trip organized, Anna wants to talk about the house and gardens and what I need them to do while we are gone, William is phoning today at 3PM, the tax people are waiting for my taxes and they are a few hours away from being ready to hand in and finally, since we are leaving on the trip in May and my niece is due with a new baby girl in late June/early July, I need to make a baby quilt before we leave for the trip.

I am feeling overwhelmed!

No comments: