Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Dear Friends

Last night's Irish Fiddling rehearsal flew by as we prepared for three St. Patrick's Day gigs. I am only playing two of them but one is three hours long! That will be a challenge! I almost fell asleep walking the few steps home as it had been a long day. Jeannie and I worked out hard at the rehab class and both of us felt great afterwards.

The other rehab closes next week. The physical therapists who did not quit have joined us in the space right next to our rehab class and I am seeing and saying hello to many of them. They feel lost and homeless as their space was closed so suddenly. We have a new RN running our class beginning next week, whom I knew from the other rehab, and I think our class with eventually like her. They are not happy with the changes of the reduction of time that our current staff will be working with us. One woman asked me to edit a letter she had written to the administration asking for the current staff to remain. I know the changes were due to seniority issues and nothing personal but, I heavily edited her letter, she loved it and was going to be sent today.

This morning, I am having coffee with my dear friend Sue, whom I met when our children were in kindergarten. Recently retired, we have vowed to meet every couple of months for a good chat. She is originally from Boston and her accent is part of her charm. Dear friends are the best.

Another dear friend is planning to retire this summer. Barbara went to school with Michael! He even remembers her walking down a hallway and what she was wearing. She and her former husband moved near us years ago, my sister lived in the same city and Barbara ended up starting an exceptional daycare in her home. My niece Shelley was her first daycare kid as an infant. Forty years later, she is retiring this summer and planning a road trip. We need to connect to help map her trip.

This afternoon, I am going to finish making the reservations for our May trip, will talk with Anna regarding their stay at our house while we are gone and make a call to Medicare. I still have money from my Worker's Comp settlement that is for specific lung issues only. They refused to pay for my recent endoscopy because I still have money in that account but that had to due with acid reflux issues not specifically with my lungs. They will instruct me to have my university hospital re-bill them stating that fact and all will be paid. This happens often.

No comments: