Thursday, March 29, 2018

New Focus

I feel I have lost my focus for this blog and want to get back to blogging about the specifics of living well with a bad diagnosis. Sometimes I forget that not everyone has read this blog from the very beginning when I blogged about specifics such as diet, exercise, how to adjust your house, how to function out in the world including traveling tips and that sort of thing.

In earlier blogs, I always included photos. They will return, too.

The goal will be to install some changes this weekend with a fresh blog on Monday morning. We will see how it all goes.

When I was in the rehab class on Tuesday, the new head of the program stopped and asked if I could help welcome a woman to the program today. She had gone through another program that has closed and is beginning to exercise again after over a year of sitting out.

I remember when I first joined the "other rehab" at the sister hospital for an additional two days a week of workouts. It was scary, I was the only person wearing oxygen, I was decades younger than anyone in the room and every eye was on me. I knew enough to smile and to eventually have a brief conversation with every woman in the gym. It was only when people began to ignore me as just being part of the group, thank goodness, that I began to chat with the men many months after I started working out with them. I am still friends with so many of the people I initially met in that gym over ten years ago.

All those feelings come forward today as I will do my best to help our new classmate feel comfortable joining our class today.

No comments: