Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Checking In

Mom and I ran errands before a nice lunch yesterday and I was able to be home earlier than usual. I had taxes to finish. Michael worked ripping more large bushes out of the garden while I filled in all the little boxes on the tax form the tax people sent to us. I was working hard. I was doing lots of math. I was under a time limit as we had a 3:00 phone date with William, our first since he left the country on tour in the Southern Hemisphere for the last month.

Just as I finished the taxes, the phone ran. Perfect timing. Michael spoke with him then it was my turn. They had spent extra time in Tokyo as the lead singer was ill, they had cancelled a concert and flew there to recover a few days before the next concert. He fell in love with their coffee. He said that one has to smell the coffee beans before choosing the coffee. Along with a homemade sandwich where everything was placed on the sandwich with tongs from a place near Barney's, he was in heaven. He so loved the food in Japan.

Jet lag was bothering him yet he was getting ready to fly to Nashville for more rehearsals before they take off for another tour next month. He will also be looking at real estate while there. We talked for probably close to 45-minutes, which is long for him. It was lovely to hear his voice and it just filled my soul.

This morning, I will drop the taxes off before picking Jeannie up for our rehab class. After I get home, Anna said she would phone to talk about their visit to our house while we are on the road trip. I need to warn her about a few things - if one opens a specific kitchen drawers and the refrigerator at the same time, it will dent the refrigerator - and warn her about our water issues. It is really expensive due to the drought. Things like that. I will have it all in writing for them.

Also, I am going to try to finish making the final 4 or 5 hotel reservations for the trip. After that, I can begin to work off the list of what I need to buy and do before the trip. So much. Instead of feeling overwhelmed, I must stay focused on the moment when it is all done and we pull out of the driveway on May 5. Let the magic begin!

No comments: