Monday, March 26, 2018

Not a Normal Sunday

There was six hours of measuring, cutting, sewing and ironing yesterday. It was a lot of fun. I got three rows of Shelley's baby shower gift quilt finished with another nine rows to go! It took a bit for me to remember the process, dust off my cutting board, remember how to load the bobbin on the sewing machine and get everything set up. Once I got rolling, it went really well. I must say that I was really tired and slept like a baby last night.

Before I began working, I phoned Betty and we had a nice chat for an hour. They were on their way to Albuquerque for some fun and lunch. She was dealing with issues with her 98-year old mom and it is a big mess. I am so grateful that my mom is still active and able to take care of her own needs.

William bid on a house and we are waiting to hear if yesterday's offer was accepted. Excited for him! He's already talking about knocking walls down...

Mom has an eye appointment this afternoon so I am meeting Michael at her place afterwards. We will head to the shopping center to wait out the rush hour traffic. A proclamation was made in this house that he not pack any clothing for our trip that has a hole or paint on it. We bought two killer lightweight plaid summer shirts from Filson last week and are planning to buy some new Levi's, shorts and casual tops today.

Michael is definitely feeling better but pushed himself a bit too much Saturday. This morning, he is still dealing with sinus stuff but doesn't feel the pressure. At least his tastebuds have returned to their sensitive levels!

And me? I am feeling so much better, not coughing hardly at all and continuing to use my Aerobika.

No comments: