Monday, April 16, 2018

A Couple Traveling Goals with Lung Disease

I am still recovering from the Saturday night gig with the Irish Fiddling group. Yesterday was okay but I feel a bit ragged this morning. That is one problem I am discovering: it takes longer for me to recover from events lately. What used to take a day now takes two or more days to feel like I have my energy back.

After a field trip down the coast yesterday, Michael and I sat and made a list of all the things we need to do before our road trip less than three weeks away. Time is counting down but so much can't be done until that final week. Makes my head spin.

The concern is that the road trip will be so intense that I will be constantly exhausted and not able to take those days to recover. Will that cause me to get sick? We have talked about making sure I nap in the car during the longer stretches and try to maintain our regular bedtime as a couple ways to combat the problem.

Food is another issue. We still want to experience the local foods but I will be very careful of calories as I am meeting with the nutritionist two weeks after we get home. That will keep me honest during the trip. Sometimes, when it was banned food like Chicken and Waffles in Atlanta, I would ask Michael for one fork filled with a bit of everything. One taste. Good enough.

1 comment:

Ahne SD said...

Thank you for sharing your experience. I wish you both good health and more travel. Couple goals