Sunday, April 8, 2018

Finished


It had been so many years since I made a quilt but I wanted my niece's little girl to have something from me long after I am gone. Climbing around the floor tying it off yesterday was the final challenge. Sewing, cutting, ironing and focusing on all the tiny details was so much more difficult this time around.

This is probably my last quilt.

It was a challenge as she wanted nothing pink, something with forest creatures and the walls in the nursery are a dove gray. I think I filled the bill with this "Rail Fence" quilt. I even found a dove gray flannel fabric for the backing with the sweetest words, "You are Loved" throughout the pattern of flowers and leaves. Sadly, I don't think this is my best work but it was the best I could at this time of my life.

When I give it to Shelley at her baby shower after our road trip, a children's book featuring forest creatures will also be included with a special note to the baby.

Finished. It felt pretty good to say that out loud yesterday.

No comments: