Wednesday, April 18, 2018

New Approach to Lung Cancer

Barry, a rather new guy in the rehab class, told me about this report he saw on CNBC over the weekend. He didn't have all the facts so I looked it up. It is about immuno-theraphy breakthrough for lung cancer. So interesting.

HERE

I like to catch the new people in the education/workout part of the pulmonary rehab's initial 8-week program. After Phase 1, people can choose to join us in maintenance where we pay $15.00/class. A bargain considering it is almost like a physical at the beginning and end of each class. If something is brewing, these RNs are the first to spot it. Often, I have asked them to listen to my lungs.

As they leave class, I have been chatting with two women from the Phase 1 class before our class begins. Chatted them up. One of the ladies stopped for a good talk and I think I was able to impress her enough for her to consider spending the money every month for the maintenance classes. What changed her mind was how sick I was, how well I am functioning and the promise of a longer/better quality of life. She had noticed that with each week of her classes, she was feeling better and better. She was not on supplemental oxygen yet so she will not be in our class. I joked with her that she needed to get really sick really fast so we could have her in our class! She seemed like such a nice person.

Michael and I are swing by my glaucoma doctor's office for some free eye drop samples for the trip, food shopping then he finally consented to a pedicure! We are having them done for the road trip.


No comments: