Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Scotch Eggs


Leslie's husband, Joe had a major problem at his work, which made the news. We didn't see him a lot, he lost weight though he was already thin and did not sleep well for weeks. We finally had a chance to chat at last week's rehearsal where I told him the Scotch Eggs were almost in the rotation for Michael's breakfast. Pure protein. He had loved the two I had sent over almost two months ago and wanted more.

Yesterday afternoon, I ran two Scotch Eggs over to their house for Joe. That was the problem. I ran. By the time I got there, I was short of breath and coughing. Hate that.

It actually is a really good diet breakfast for me, too. Diet. I haven't blogged about my diet or recipes in a long time. If one is on prednisone, it is so important to be very careful of anything that will process into sugar then quickly to fat. We don't process sugars well.

My daily routine is 1,200 calories to lose weight and 1,400 calories to maintain my weight. Anything over that is a gain. It has been seven years since I lost all my additional weight and I met the BMI entrance to the Lung Transplant Clinic. If I gain a pound, I feel it and don't like what I am feeling! Making a weekly menu and having all the food in the house ready to go is the main reason I have been able to keep the weight off.

So, here is the recipe of the day. Paleo Scotch Eggs. HERE (I use Jimmy Dean Breakfast Sausage sliced into six thick slices for the patties to wrap around the eggs.) The photo above was taken moments ago. For his breakfast, Michael cuts one into quarters and microwaves it for 30 seconds. Perfect!

No comments: