Thursday, April 5, 2018

Ouch

Before spending the yesterday with Barbara, without her daycare kids, I went to Safeway. Sounds safe enough? Nope.

X-Ray of Fractured Knee, February 2017
I had sandals on and was walking the aisles when I pivoted on my right foot and felt a pull and tear where my leg attached to my hip. Nuts! I could barely make it through the store and limped home. The problem with being on prednisone since 2005 is that it depletes bone mass. I am beginning to have to deal with that and I am trying to be extra careful knowing that just a little slip or fall could break something. Having made it through the fractured knee last year, I really don't want to break anything soon!

Barbara and I had a ball and a fantastic lunch together while talking about her upcoming retirement and road trips. After getting home, I took an Aleve with dinner and it helped quite a bit. This morning, it is stiff and sore so I will be driving Jeannie to rehab class but will head to Trader Joe's while she is working out. My hip needs a rest and I will return to rehab next Tuesday.

No comments: