Friday, April 6, 2018

Quotable

With my sore hip, I did not workout at the rehab class but did a quick run to Trader Joe's and arrived back before class even started. I sat at the back of the room, on a chair like a throne, and chatted while my classmates worked out with the free weights. It was fun but I really missed working out. Jeannie was so grateful that I still drove her to the class.

My hip is better today, made it through the Irish Fiddling rehearsal last night and will hopefully be painfree for the gig tonight. Aleve helped.

About six years ago, I was a featured speaker for the American Thoracic Society's International Conference. They wanted a patient's story. It was fun and the response was very positive. They published parts of my speech afterwards and I thought that was it. The End.

Yesterday, I got an email from them wanting to republish parts of my speech with the focus on pulmonary rehab, clearly a passionate issue for me. Of course, I gave permission for it to be used and I added another comment about the importance of rehab, which they then asked permission to use that quote as well! I was full of quotable material yesterday!

Now, a photo. Though I was not dressed for rehab, we faked a poise on the bike in rehab, sent it and will take another photo at the Irish Fiddling gig tonight. They may or may not use them but, I have offered the requested "active" photos.

No comments: