Sunday, April 29, 2018

Can Do

I girded myself to do some serious weeding in the front gardens yesterday morning. Three hours later, an entire stretch of flowers near the little wall along the front were removed and cleaned-up and a huge area at the far corner was cleared. Every inch of it had been covered with weeds, grasses and some weird plant/weed that smelled like an onion, which also had onion-type roots. Smelly and totally out of control. My left hand began to cramp but it was worth it all when I realized I filled the huge garden recycling container to the brim.

After a quick lunch, I watered the pots and washed all the windows while washing our sheets. (I just looked out the windows and it is raining! I don't think it will be enough to ruin my clean windows!) It was a full day and the longest I have worked in the gardens in many, many months. I went to bed early and slept well.

More to be done today including the laundry, some ironing and cleaning of the guest rooms.

Michael is currently sitting at the entrance to our complex watching all the fancy automobiles go by. They are on their way north for a day of family fun. He can see most of them then take off to do his errands.

I am feeling great and filled with energy. The more I do, the more I can do. I hope it lasts!

No comments: