Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Talk Amongst Yourselves

George and Sherman. They were each other's
best friend. They died within months of each other.
Before the rehab class yesterday, there were five of us sitting in chairs facing each other in the lobby of the hospital. Barry arrived to complete the circle and it was then that I began to notice something.

Usually, I am the person who keeps the conversation going and I try to bring each person into the discussion. Yesterday, I noticed that they were are all sharing. Each person added to the conversation without any help or prodding from me. It was from that point on that I kept my mouth shut. It was marvelous. Even the shyest of the group shared her opinions and even made a joke that made everyone laugh.

I think the class is the mellowest it has ever been. It is just a group of really kind people. Everyone talks with everyone. Losing Sherman has been painful and I so deeply miss him but, for the first time since his death, I am once again enjoying going to the class.

My last day is tomorrow. Next week, I will be focused on the trip.

Today, my list is long but it begins with breakfast out (I will have a third of an omelet from Michael's plate) before his dentist appointment followed by his hair appointment while I head over the pass. I need a sweater for my new dress, a box of See's Candy for Anna and the final grocery run at Trader Joe's. This afternoon, I will continue to work off the to-do list around the house.

Ten days before the trip.

No comments: