Sunday, September 16, 2018

Two Days of Fun

We heard from Christien from the Raleigh, NC area and she was high and dry. After amazing rains and winds, she was still intact and never lost power! She did mention that the people east and south of her were dealing with flooding. So happy for her.

Our Friday night with Dave and Lori lasted until 10:30, way past my bedtime but we were having such a nice chat! Our Marinated Prawns and 7-Layer Taco Dip were hits. Lori served Cuban sliders, which were absolutely delicious! We promised to do it all again for our birthdays in November.

While driving to Dave and Lori's, my cell phone rang. It was the Vascular Clinic calling to make an appointment for tests later this month and an appointment with a doctor in early October. This is regarding the video I posted with the bump appearing and disappearing as I flex my foot. My primary doctor felt I have circulation issues in that leg.

Yesterday was a crazy day. The seven members of the Irish Fiddling Group arrived at my house at 10:30 for a quick photo shoot in my garden. We only had minutes as the others had to set up for our gig in town beginning at noon. What I didn't realize was that we were playing outside! As the sun moved, it got quite hot! As my roadie husband was busy, I had to haul the bass out of the house into the car to the gig then haul it out. It was a lot of work, I had my oxygen with me and really needed it. But, in the end, I was rather pleased with myself. I must admit I had the help of two angels. As I was unpacking, one gentleman asked if he could help me. He saved me. While I was trying to pack the bass back into the car, another gentleman asked if he could help. He put it in with ease! I thanked them both and was extremely touched.

After a getting home, I made some dinner and promptly fell asleep on the couch at 5PM. Michael put me to bed at 5:30 and I slept until 5AM without even a bathroom break during the night. I had been exhausted from Friday night and the worked of playing a two-hour gig outside added to my exhaustion.

This morning, I am feeling fantastic as we watch the F1 race from Singapore.

No comments: