Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Medical Documents

I've been banned from the treadmill in rehab until I see the vascular doctor. They don't want to add any stress to my formally fractured knee and that leg until it has been cleared by the doctor. While waiting for both doctor appointments today, I am going to tackle the stack of papers I got in the mail yesterday from the vascular clinic.

Some advice: I keep a medication document, a document of my hospitalizations and my family's medical history going back to my great-grandparents. The doctors love all three documents. I carry them with me so when I fell in Palm Springs a couple of years ago and was able to give this information to the emergency staff, they were so impressed! Very helpful! When I am filling out paperwork for a new clinic and all of the above information is requested, I write, "See attached." They love it as well.

It is going to be a long day. Glaucoma doctor first up followed by a long drive into the city and an afternoon meeting with Dr. K. Should be interesting!

No comments: