Friday, September 7, 2018

Antibiotic Upset

I made a bad mistake this morning. I have been taking the antibiotics every twelve hours at 3AM/3PM. It worked well so it didn't interfere with my first thing in the morning thyroid pill on an empty stomach and the need to wait an hour before any food. Wake around 3:00AM, bathroom break, take the antibiotic and head back to bed. It worked great yesterday. This morning...not so good!

Waking a bit early, I was waited in bed before I got up to use the bathroom then jumped back into bed. It was then when I started coughing and wheezing. Drat! I needed to leave the room, find my inhaler in my purse and hang out in the living room.

Good news! Wheezing and coughing stopped! Great! Time for the antibiotic! Done!

It was cold and I put my head down on a pillow for about 10-minutes when I remembered that the brochure mentioned not to lay down right after taking the pill. It could cause an upset stomach. I guess I remembered it a bit too late.

I am dealing with nausea, burping and feeling miserable. It is all I can do not to vomit. Even ads on TV involving food are making me turn green.

Mom has the shot in her eye this morning and needs me to drive her home afterward. I can't cancel. I must be well enough to be with her all day. I've got a few hours before I have to leave home so hopefully, I can get some food in to calm the nausea.

Memo to self: Sit up after taking antibiotic.

No comments: