Thursday, September 13, 2018

Long Day

Sorry about yesterday! I had to be showered and out the door by 7:30 and just ran out of time. When I bought groceries on Tuesday, the refrigerator unit holding yogurt and sour cream, among other items, had malfunctioned and the entire inventory was inaccessible. I was desperate for yogurt as it is a staple in Michael's diet. It helps control his low blood sugar issue and he makes sure to have one container every morning as part of his breakfast. The only other store in town does not carry the brands he likes so...I went over the pass early to a larger Safeway. They had everything I needed plus flavors I have never seen in our smaller store.

From there, I went to mom's then we headed back home to drop off the groceries. We had pedicure appointments and thought that would be a nice day. But Tuesday evening, her endocrine department left a message on my phone that she needed blood work before her Prolia shot on Friday. After our pedicures, we hustled over the pass to her university clinic site and their lab. It took all of five minutes to draw the blood. She was ready for the appointment on Friday.

It all fell into place beautifully. With help from Michael, we made a really good, vegetable-rich Low Carb Jambalaya for dinner. The recipe is HERE .

The antibiotics have ended, I am back to rehab class today and rather looking forward to it.

No comments: